- What is Corner Store POS?
- How can I try out Corner Store POS?
- What are the minimum PC requirements for Corner Store POS?
- Windows XP Home 32B
- Intel Celeron/1.5 GHz Processor (or equivalent)
- 512MB of RAM
- What type of store should use Corner Store POS?
- After successfully downloading and installing the Corner Store Setup file I am still unable to open the Corner Store in Win VISTA/7?
- While I was installing the setup file for Corner Store I received an error message. What should I do?
- What is Inventory Express program?
- Is it possible to generate barcode labels for inventory items without a barcode from Corner Store?
- I am getting an error message of "Not a Genuine Copy of CornerStore POS". How do I get my CornerStore software working?
- How do I reactivate License key for CornerStore software or CRE / RPE?
- How do I upgrade my CornerStore POS to the latest version?"
- How do I add a department, set up a tax rate or add an inventory item into Corner Store?
- How do I program the side buttons with inventory items and departments in Corner Store?
- How do I do returns in Corner Store?
- How do I add employee and setup different employee level permission in Corner Store?
- What are some of the reporting features that Corner Store offers?
- How do I check a shift report in Corner Store?
- How do I close the shift report?
- How do I have special sale prices such as 2 for 3 dollars?
- I have related items whose price changes every week, such as cigarattes, how can I change the price faster?
- What is the fastest way to add items into CornerStore?
- I do a detailed daily report every day, but I was unable to do it yesterday. Is there any way I can get yesterday's report?
- What are the basic features of the Inventory Express program and what type of business would this program benefit?
- What is the excel format I need to use for importing inventory item into CornerStore software?
- My item already exists in my database, but when I scan it, it shows "Quick Add Item" dailog box?
- Go to Setup -> Click on Administrator -> Click on Inventory Maintenance and search item by barcode or item name under inventory lookup
- How can I change the administrator password?
- I am locked out of CornerStore, how can I get back in?
- I am using Mercury for Credit/Debit processing. Recently, I had upgraded my CornerStore Version to 2.0.9 and now CornerStore cannot process Credit/Debit cards. What do I do?
- I added a picture into CornerStore for an item on a side button, but now it is not showing up?
- When I look at any of my reports that display on screen, it looks like it cuts off most of the report?
- Click on Start (or Window) button -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printer -> Right Click on "Windows XPS Document Writer" and select "set as a Default Printer".
- If CornerStore is open, log off and log in back and try to VIEW reports.
- How do I change the date format in CornerStore / Windows?
- Go to Start (or Window) Button -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language and Region -> Region and Language
- For short Date, select M/d/yyyy and click Apply then OK.
- Do I need to buy hardware from International Point of Sale?
- What hardware is certified with Corner Store POS?
- I already have POS hardware but it is not on your list. What should I do?
- What if my printer, pole display and cash drawer is not working with the Corner Store?
- How do I turn off the User Account Control (UAC) settings on Windows VISTA/7 for hardware installation?
- I have a Partner Tech All-In-One "PT6215" and my printer continues do not work?
- Right Click "My Computer" and click "Manage"
- Click on Device Manager (On Lefh Hand Side, 5 Option)
- Search and Expand "Ports"
- Right Click on "Communication Port (COM5)" and select uninstall. When prompted click on Yes or OK
- Restart the computer
- Does CornerStore POS supports signature capture pads?
- I have installed the drivers for the Bematech (Logic Controls) LD1000 USB pole display and followed all of the instructions mentioned in the manual but I am still unable to get it work with Corner Store. What should I do?
- My LD1000 USB Pole Dispaly says "Firmware needs downloading" and will not work. What should I do?
- I unplugged my pole and plugged it back in and now it is not working, how do I fix this situation?
- I have an EPSON (T-20 or TMT-88V) printer and Win 7 OS. My printer is working but cash drawer is not opening. What should I do?
- How do I do a DUMP test in ZEBRA LP 2824 or ZEBRA LP 2824 Plus? What is a DUMP test for?
- My Touch Screen isn't working anymore, it isn't registering a press?
- My Bematech (Logic Controls) LE1000 Touch Screen is making a sound when I press or is moving the cursor, but isn't registering in the correct spot?
- Do I need any drivers to use for Scanner?
- I have items in my inventory but my scanner won't read them properly?
- What credit card processor is integrated with Corner Store POS?
- What if I want to keep my existing processor?
- How do I setup payment processing in the Corner Store?
- How do I change the date and time on the PAX S300 terminal?
- What kind of Support do I receive once I purchase the Corner Store software?
- How can I reach your Technical Support Team?
- Is there over the phone training available?
- What will I need to receive Technical Support?
- What does International Point of Sale's Tech Support Contract covers for CornerStore?
- Ability to answer simple, advance and multiple questions related to CornerStore software, hardware and how to stuffs.
- CornerStore upgrades
- Fixes with any errors or bugs in the program reported.
- Repair of Database if removes/deleted.
Note: If the database is deleted you will be provided with a blank database.
- Repair/assist for any series we already provided to you.
Note: We are not responsible to redo everything from begnning if system crash
- Aid and Repair of a self-installation of CornerStore software or any certified hardware.
Note: We are not responsible for fresh installation if you haven't purchase initial setup of CornerStore or Hardare.
- Datatbase import via .BAK file.
- What does International Point of Sale's Tech Support Contract doesn't covers for CornerStore?
- Fresh Hardware Installation
- Fresh Software Installation
- Setting up a physcial network
- Setup any hardware/software not certified by CornerStore
- Database Import via. Excel file
- Disk cleanup, Restore to Factory Default and any computer service not ties to CornerStore.
Frequently Asked Questions
Corner Store POS is a point of sale software developed by International Point of Sale for single store mom and pop business owners who want to ring up sales accurately, track inventory, keep tabs on their employees and process credit and debit cards in compliance with new Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards.
You can download demo version of the Corner Store POS on your computer.
- Corner Store POS setup file for 32B Computer
- Corner Store POS setup file for 64B Computer
Note - To check whether your system is 32B or 64B, Go to Start>Right Click on Computer (or My Computer)>Select Properties>Check System Type
The minimum PC requirements are :
Any retail store that wants to ring up sales by scanning barcodes and get a better tracking of their inventory and to reduce mistakes at the register by charging the right price. Among our customer base are grocery stores, convenience stores, liquor stores, quick service restaurants, and bookstores.
- For Windows VISTA/7, after the download is completed, right click on the Corner
Store red-icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- In the Properties Window, click on the Compatibility tab, select Run this program as administrator and click on Apply.
- Click on Change setting for all users, select Run this program as an administrator and select OK.
- The first thing you can check is whether you downloaded the proper setup file
for a 32B or 64B computer.
- After downloading the setup file, please run the setup file. For all first time installations, a message box will appear with a list of pre-requisites you will need to download it before completing the Corner Store installation.
- At the end of each installation, you will be prompted to restart your computer to successfully complete the download. You are required to restart your computer at the end of each installation.
Inventory Express software was developed by International Point of Sale
for mobile inventory tracking and fast database updating in Corner Store.
Inventory Express is compatible with the Unitech Mobile Computer HT 580 and can be used with barcode scanners, the Zebra LP 2824 or Cognitive DLX Advantage Label Printer.
YES. You can generate barcode labels for inventory items without barcodes directly from Corner Store. Corner Store software supports two label printers ? the Zebra LP 2824 and Cognitive DLX Advantage.
There are number of reasons like Switching Computer, Networking, Database Connectivity etc. for getting this error message. You can reactivate your License key or check networking or database connectivity.
You can fill out the form for:
-Reactivating your CornerStore License key
-Reactivating your CRE / RPE License key
Here is the guide for that.
Getting Started with the Corner Store POS
We have created a getting starting video for you to learn how to do the basics in
Corner Store. Please watch this clip for instructions:
We have created a video that will show you how you can customize your screen. Please
watch this clip for instructions:
We have created a video that show you how to a return in Corner Store. Please watch
this clip for instructions:
We have created a video that show you how to add employee with different permission
level in Corner Store. Please watch this clip for instructions:
Corner Store software provides 15 different types of reports. You can choose from
the list of reports offered and then enter the start date/end date and start time/end
time for the desired report. If you forget to change the date and time the software
with automatically display reports according to the present date and 12:00:00AM
to 11:59:59PM time period.
The administrator (Admin) can log in and choose the Detailed Shift Report by Employee
and then select any employee name from the Select User box. The administrator
(Admin) can also choose the Summarized Z out Report at the end of each shift.
If the administrator does not change the time of the shift then, by default, the report will display the time the employee logged in for the present day?s shift.
At the end of an employee?s shift, the employee must log out of the software. A
message box will appear asking, "Do want to close the Shift?" The employee
should select YES, otherwise, that employees shift will be continued to be open.
First you need to make sure that you have Combine Lines box checked. To checked
combine line box,
Go to Setup -> Application Settings -> Check the Comboine Line box
Now, go to Setup -> Administrator -> Inventory Maintenance. Under search by item number scan the item you would like to setup for sale price and then go to Special Price. Under Bulk Price click add then enter in the quantity and sale price. Press enter and click Update.
When you scan the item for two times to make; youll automatically charge bulk price you had setup for that item.
There are a few ways to do mass edit in CornerStore:
- Adding/Subtracting values to original price for every item in a department :
Go to Setup -> Administrator -> Department Maintenance, look for the department you would like to change and click Group Change. Under the Price field enter in a positive (adding to it) or negative (subtracting from it) number to add to all items in the department.
For example, if you type in -0.10 in the Price field, it'll subtract 10c from every item in the departments.
- Changing multiple items' price/cost/stock/name etc at once
Go to Setup -> On The Fly Label Express -> Scanner Inventory Tracking. Click on Update Data tab and begin to scan every item you would like to edit/update.
Note : Scan only those items that are going to have fields in common for update such as department change or a price change to one price or department.
After you scan everything go to Select Column to update from dropdown and enter in the new value in the Value field and click Update.
Currently there are 4 ways to add items into CornerStore
- Import Database : IF you already have a database of items in CornerStore format or would like to use one of our sample inventory lists; you can use those and import them. For more information on importing database check our getting started guide Database Maintenance -> Database Operation -> Backup.
- HT 630 Mobile Computer : You can use HT 630 Mobile computer to collect the information of all the items in your store and then transfer directly into CornerStore software. Along with the adding new items into CornerStore you can also update the price or quatity of items.
- Scanner Inventory Tracking : If you have similar items such as 99c items, different kinds of cigarattes from same company you can enter in the data so that all the items have all the same information. They all will have same Name, Price, Cost, Stock, Department, Tax Rate, Deposit, Food Stampable and Check Id options.
Go to Setup -> On The Fly Label Express -> Scanner Inventory Tracking -> Click on Insert Data tab. Scan the barcode of all the item you want to add with same description and then enter the single description for all those item scanned.
Inventory Maintenance : This is the basic option for inserting data. For more information on inventory maintenance check our getting started guide Inventory Maintenance -> Add New Inventory.
The Inventory Express program will benefit business owners that want to track their
inventory, update stock or change pricing on inventory items all on a single mobile
hand held computer.
Basic Features of Inventory Express Program are,
- Add a new inventory item
- Update your stock and price
- Print labels
The file must follow specific guidelines in order to work properly. It would be
best to use the base file provided by the Inventory Express Program located in Inventory
Express -> Import Inventory -> Option -> Excel File. It will have all the necessary
columns ready for you. You just need to put in the data for it.
RESTRICTIONS : Do NOT change the name of the columns. They MUST
match what is provided in the sample excel sheet.
DEPARTMENTS ARE PLACED IN BY ID NUMBER, NOT BY NAME. To find a department's ID number, go to Department Maintenance and look up the ID using the Left and Right arrows. If you are entering data in for the first time and you do not have a department set up in CornerStore, you must create them in CornerStore before you import the database. If you do not know a department, default it to 1.
First make sure that the item already exists/added in your database. In order to
If item is there and you still receive a "Quick Add Item" dailog box then you need to check your scanner settings.If scanner needs to configure then use manual comes with scanner in box or you can refer our download page for instruction to configure the scanner.
Normally barcode scanner reads UPC-E (8 digits) or UPC-A (12-digits) barcode. Depending
on you barcode scanner and barcode it read/scan i.e. either 6 or 7 digits in UPC-E
or 10 or 11 digits in UPC-A you need to configure your scanner to scan properly.
Normal terms to look into manual is: Truncate/Transmit first/last digit and check digit.
Note: To specify whether scanner reads proper barcode has entered into CornerStore database, scan barcode in notepad first before scanning into CornerStore and check digit it scan is same as entered into CornerStore database.
On login screen, Go to Main -> Change Password. Enter in the old password and enter in a new password. A new password can NOT be a previously entered password.
From CornerStore version 2.0.8, on login screen Go to Main -> Database Maintenance
-> Upgrade Database. You should receive a success message and re-open the CornerStore
On login screen, Go to Main -> Change Password. Now, try to login with Username "admin" and Password "new password" you created. If you are unsuccessful in this attempt or have an older version of CornerStore then please contact our Technical Support Team.
You are required to download TranSentry. Download, Extract TranSentry and run exe file.
There could be couple of possibilities: The first and minor mistake which all customers do is they forget to click on Apply Changes button when they setup images in Customize Screen and log out and log back into CornerStore. The second problem is you might have moved the picture file. Try to keep all images in a special folder that you will not move, as moving it removes all the images. Lastly, if computers are in network you need to create image folder with same name, location and content on every computers in network.
Follow these steps to VIEW reports properly :
Follow these steps to change date format:
We highly recommend purchasing from International Point of Sale or one of our authorized resellers in order to ensure compatibility, proper interfacing and certification.
For a complete list of our approved hardware for Corner Store please go to our download page and select hardware.
If your hardware is not on our approved list, please call us and we?ll verify if it is compatible. If it is not compatible you can send us your hardware and we will certify it for nominal fee.
- If your printer and cash drawer are not working, please check to make sure that
the cables from printer and cash drawer are properly connected. Double check that
there is paper in the receipt printer and there is a steady green light to indicate
it is on.
- If your pole display is not working please check that the cables are properly connected. You can also unplug the pole display and plug it back and check whether you receive a message on the pole display.
- If the above attempts do not work please follow our online instruction manuals for setting up the printer or pole display with the Corner Store (depending on printer and pole display model #) again.
Note: When you install the drivers for the printer and pole display again if you are prompted with the choice to Repair or Remove the driver, please select Repair the driver.
You need to turn off UAC setting on Windows VISTA/7 at time of setting up hardware
with the Corner Store.
To turn off UAC setting go to Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Change User Account Control Setting (UAC)
For Win VISTA, check the Turn off User Account Control Setting
For Win 7, drag the cursor to Never notify
The one Limitation of Partner Tech All-In-One PT6215 system is
whenever system gets turns off, the printer port will get disconnected. A simple
remedy to the situation can be followed below. You can keep printer working by not
turning the computer off.
In order to setup LD 1000 USB pole display with the Corner Store you need to select
the proper COM port.
To find the proper COM port for the LD1000 USB pole display go to Start>Right click on Computer (or My Computer)>Select Manage>Select Device Manager>Expand Ports or other>You will find LCI Line Display (COM 1, COM 2, ..)
Open Corner Store>Login into Corner Store>Go to Setup>Hardware Setup>Under Pole Display select LC-PD and proper COM port>Log off and Log in back to the Corner Store.
You will need to update the firmware on pole display. Download firmware update file.
Extract the file and open LD1_Cmd_Download. You need to select proper COM port on which pole display is connected. In order to know onto which COM port pole display is connected, go to Start -> Right click on My Computer (Computer) -> Select Manage -> Select Device Manager -> Expand Ports and Other. You will see LCI Line Display (COM1,COM2,..).
Under LD1_Cmd_Download, select proper COM port, make sure Baud Rate is 9600 and click OK. Wait for firmware to download and pole display will work normally.
The COM port switches along with the USB port. To find the new COM port, go to Start
-> Right Click on Computer (My Computer) -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Expand Ports
and Other. There should be a port that says LCI Line Display (COM1, COM2, ..). Now,
go to CornerStore -> Setup -> Hardware Setup -> Under Pole Display select proper
COM port that matched the one in Device Manager.
Go to Start>All program>Search for OPOS folder>Select SetupPOS Ver2.00>Under Cash Drawer right click on Multi_AU or Standard_U>Select Device Specific Setting>Under Open Status Phase select High >Select CheckHealth Interactive>Select Start and drawer should open
In order to perform a a dump test on you Label Printer, follow the instructions
- Unplug the printer cable from the back of the printer
- Power down the printer
- Hold down the Feed button for couple of second and then turn the printer On
- Release the Feed button
- When the light is blinking orange, hit the feed buttons once again and let go
- The printer will Feed and unfeed labels with Garbage value and print status information
- Hit the Feed button when the printer is at a standstill (It should only print 1 more label that says "Out of Dump")
- Turn the printer off
- Reconnect the printer
- Turn the printer back on
Your printer should now be calibrated for printing. If it does not work, try the calibration a second time -- sometimes it needs two calibration runs to correctly calibrate.
Touch Screen Monitor
Check all the cables to make sure that everything is plugged in properly. There should be 3 cables, a power supply, VGA cable and a USB cable plugging from monitor into the computer. Those wires should all be in securely and then try to re-calibrate your touch screen. If everything is plug in properly then it should re-calibrate successfully.
This means that your screen needs to be calibrated. Open TouchKit on the desktop or go to Start -> All Programs -> TouchKit -> TouchKit. Click on Tools then click on 4 point calibration. Press and hold the blinking symbols in the 4 corners in order to calibrate it correctly.
No, all scanners are plug and play hardware.
You will need to properly configure your scanner to read UPC-E (6-8 digits) or UPC-A
(10-12 digits) bar-code of item and to match with exactly same bar-code added into
your database. In order to configure your scanner,
- First thing you need to do is to check how your scanner is reading your item bar-code. For UPC - E is it reading all 8 digits or not. If not, see how many digits it is reading. Depending on that you will be required to truncate first or last digit. Similarly for UPC - A, is it reading all 12 digits or not. If not then you'll need to truncate first and last digit.
Credit card processing
Currently, Corner Store POS is able to process credit and debit card sales with Mercury, USAePAY, PayGX2 and NetePay Payment Systems. For more information please read: Payment Processing
If you would like to keep your existing credit card processor and use Corner Store
you simply ring up a sale and choose PAY > Credit or Debit. After you select the
Credit/Debit the sale will end, and you'll run the credit card through your external
machine. Corner Store will still record the transaction as Credit or Debit.
If the software asks to enter card information after you select Credit or Debit you will need to enable the Express Checkout feature on Corner Store. In order to do this, please select Setup>Administrator>Payment Processing>and check the Express Checkout located in the top left hand corner.
To setup payment processing with the Corner Store, log into Corner Store, go to
Setup, Administrator and click on payment processing. Select your Payment Processor:
For Mercury - specify the Primary URL, Secondary URL and Merchant Number. All this details are provided by Mercury Payment processor when you enroll for their services.
For USAePAY - specify the Primary URL and Secure Key. Both the Primary URL and the Secure Key are provided by USAePAY when you enroll for their services.
For PayGX2 - specify the User Name and Password. The User name and password will be provided by PayGX2 when you enroll for their services.
For NETePay - specify the Merchant Number and NETePay?s Server IP Address. The Merchant Number and NETePay?s Server IP Address are provided by NETePay when you enroll for their services.
After specifying required details click on Save and Exit, logoff and login back the Corner Store.
Press the “Menu” key.
Select Option 5 (System Settings)
Select Option 1 (Date/Time Setup)
Type in the date (MM/DD/YYYY) and press “Enter”
Type in the Time (HH:MM:SS) and press “Enter”.
Technical Support and Training
International Point of Sale will give you 30 days of free over the phone and email technical support but we require that you have internet at your location. After your free trial of technical support expires, you have the option to renew technical support for $250/year per license.
You can call 866-468-5767 to reach our tech support department. Our support department is open from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM EST from Monday - Friday. To reduce hold times, we encourage you to email your questions at email@example.com
YES. Other than the free tutorials videos we offer, we also offer over the phone training for $50/Hour. Please call us to set up an appointment at 866-468-5767.
In order for our technician to log into your computer and solve any hardware and
software related issues you will need to have a steady internet connection and be
able to generate a SHOW MY PC PASSWORD.
In order to generate a password, go to the Show my pc website and click on Show my PC/View remote PC and Run the application twice. After the application is downloaded a dialogue box will appear giving you the option to click on SHOW MY PC NOW or VIEW REMOTE PC. Click on SHOW MY PC NOW and a password will appear. You will need to provide this password to the technician.
Technical Support Contract covers the following:
Tech Support Contract doesn't covers: